Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Looking For A Cover Artist? Spotlighting Lex Chase


As I've said before covers are one of the most important things to get right when publishing a book. We've been looking at SO many and I love the variety each has presented on this blog. Today we are looking at the artistry of Lex Chase. I was blown away with the art you'll see today. Lex has given us a lot to see. So, through out this post all the work you see is theirs. If this is what you're looking for then contact Lex!





Instagram has ALL BRAND NEW items!





Price List:
All Prices in USD

Covers:
$150 for non-figurative (still life, objects, body parts, etc.)
+$25 for shading/color variations
+$50 for full color
+$15 per hour of labor

$200 for figurative (characters)
+$25 for shading/color variations
+$50 for full color
+$15 per hour labor
Depending on complexity, labor on covers average 6 to 10 hours but in cases of full color can be up to 15+ hours. You must inform me of your budget and we will work to accommodate. I will give you a ballpark estimate, and what kind of time table can be expected.





Postcards:
$35-45 per character (depending on complexity)
+$25 for shading/color variations
+$40 for full color
+$15 per hour of labor
Depending on complexity, labor on postcards average 4-6 hours but in cases of color can be up to 10 hours. I will give you a ballpark estimate of what kind of time table can be expected.

Trading Cards:
$45 per Card – Includes shading/color variations
+$20 for full color
+$15 per hour labor
$240 per 6 Pack – 40 per Card + $15 per hour labor ($260 per 6 Pack + $15 per hour labor for full color)
$315 per 9 Pack – 35 per Card + $15 per hour labor ($335 per 9 Pack + $15 per hour of labor for full color)
$360 per 12 Pack – 30 per Card + $15 per hour labor ($380 per 12 Pack + $15 per hour of labor for full color)
Depending on complexity, labor on a single trading card take an average of 2-3 hours. Full color takes 3-4 hours on a single card. I will give you a ballpark estimate of what kind of time table can be expected.






Bookmarks:
$30 per bookmark
+$10 for shading/color variations
+$15 for full color
+$15 per hour of labor
Depending on complexity, labor on a single bookmark take an average of 2-3 hours. Full color takes about 4-5 hours on a single bookmark. I will give you a ballpark estimate of what kind of time table can be expected.

Media Kits:
$50 per kit (Includes Facebook Banner, Facebook Avatars, Email Banner, Bookmark, Postcard, Business Card, and Color Palettes)
+$50 for logo design
+$15 per hour labor
Depending on complexity, labor for a media kit take an average of 5-8 hours. I will give you a ballpark estimate of what kind of time table can be expected.

Custom Items such as poster prints, t-shirt designs, and branding please inquire for a personal quote. 





Fine Print:
·       I absolutely must know your budget first. I will work to accommodate your budget and a piece you’d be satisfied with.
·       I accept half up front, and half as well as the final labor tally on completion. I am willing to negotiate cost within reason and work out a payment plan.
·       I keep meticulous time sheets of my labor and are available for review on request. I make every effort to work quickly and efficiently.
·       Image printing is your responsibility.
·       Unless it is a single print for your personal enjoyment, then we will negotiate printing and mailing to you.
·       In most cases, I will need to know at least a month’s notice of the type of commission you would like and when you need it by. Please give yourself enough lead time when ordering prints of your commission. If the printing takes 10 days to process and ship, tell me you need it 20 days early. The sooner you tell me the better.
·       If you are looking for a completely custom order such as poster prints, media kits, t-shirt designs, logo design and branding, you must contact me as soon as possible so we can negotiate cost and a deadline.

·      
·       I do not accept rush jobs. Because it’ll be shoddy work that will look poorly on me and you. But if you insist, you will be charged double.
·       You may use my images on giveaway swag. As long as you are giving them away.
·       My images are not for resale. This means if you plan to put them on mugs and then sell the mugs, we will need to negotiate image usage rights.
·       Yes. I will draw adult material. In case that’s your jam.
·       No Furries. Nothing against Furries. I just suck at them. Real animals are excluded from this.
·       I reserve the right to refuse a project if the material is far outside my squick range. But then again, one of my all-time favorite shows involves a hella sexy cannibal making tasty meals out of people. So, I guess we’re okay.
·       I also reserve the right to refuse a project if you’re a jerk. Don’t be that guy.









Send me a postcard, trading card, or bookmark or whatever I made for you! Tag me on Facebook! Tumblr! Instagram! Twitter! I love seeing the final product!

Get in touch!

Find me at lex.a.chase@gmail.com. Put “Commission Request” in the subject line!

















No comments:

Post a Comment